CSE General Studies Foundation Course: July 2022 Batch
We, at COGNITATE, are elated to launch a “Prelims cum Mains – Foundation Course”, TARGET CSE 2023/24. The course has been so designed, that it will specifically meet your requirements, whether you appear in 2023 or 2024, based on your requirements. Here, in Target CSE 2023/24, at first, we are inclined to prepare a holistic syllabus covering the requirements of both Prelims and Mains. This is done in such a fashion, so that we can make the most, given the time frame in our hands.
Here, we would like burst some myths. People often think, that since Prelims is conducted first, hence we should prepare for Prelims first and then on qualifying, one can prepare for Mains. WRONG. Firstly, the syllabus of Prelims and Mains are so integrated that approaching them separately is not only waste of time but also makes the job tedious and untidy. Secondly, after qualifying prelims, you would not be having sufficient amount of time in hand to complete the syllabus of UPSC Mains. Additionally, we would like to emphasise on the point, that while the ‘Main Examination’ is a test of knowledge, the ‘Preliminary Examination’ is a test of sincerity. If you carefully scrutinise the previous years question papers of Prelims, you’ll realise the UPSC mostly focuses on those topics in Prelims, which also coincide with the Mains Syllabus. Hence, if a candidate remains sincere towards his/her preparation, there should not be any issue in qualifying the Prelims examination. Though, there are a few other nitty-gritties, but this is the basic.
Upon making a candidate familiar with the syllabus, we would approach the syllabus in three phases. In the first phase we would be focusing mostly on developing the basic understanding, by making the aspirant acquainted with the NCERT books and News Paper. In the second phase, we would gradually increase the tempo and bring the student at par with the level required in Civil Services Examination. However, let us remind you, we are here to help a candidate prepare and not only study. The preparation completes with a candidate being able to reproduce the output required to qualify in this examination. That, is the third phase,which will be going on simultaneously along with the first and second phase and subsequently would become more intensified.
WE ARE KEEPING OURSELVES MOSTLY ONLINE, FOR ONE REASON. TO PROVIDE A CANDIDATE THE FACILITY TO JOIN THE COURSE IN-SPITE OF HIS/HER GIVEN PRE-OCCUPATIONS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION. ONE CAN BE IN KHARDAHA, DURGAPUR OR SILIGURI. HE/SHE CAN JOIN OUR CLASSES WITHOUT BOTHERING TO RELOCATE AND BEARING THE EXTRA COST-BURDEN OF LIVING IN A DIFFERENT CITY, SEPARATELY FROM HIS/HER FAMILY. EVEN IF YOU ARE IN YOUR COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY, BUT YOU CAN MANAGE DAILY THREE/FOURS FOR PREPARATION, COME JOIN US. IT’S POSSIBLE TO PREPARE FOR CIVIL SERVICES, EVEN WITH WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW. ONLY THING WE ARE ASKING FOR, IS YOUR SINCERITY.
Enough of long discussions, let us put in short, what one may expect from us, during this course
- Comprehensive coverage of the syllabus, where all the four papers of General Studies Mains, along with General Studies Prelims, will be given adequate attention.
- Special focus on writing skill development, not only from the point of answer writing but also essay writing.
- Issue based preparation of Current Affairs, as required in Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC, as against thrusting down the events through one’s throat, as is done by most of the institutes.
- Only the domain area experts would be taking classes for the respective subjects. Even for CSAT, we have a dedicated team of faculties with 14 years of experience in the field.
- Would include tests at regular interval, and a rigorous Test Series on the completion of the course.
- Access to live as well as recorded classes.
- Facility to interact with the faculty even after the classes for doubt clearing.
- Facility for forum discussion under monitoring of the organisation, to develop the possibility of group study and help each other developing understanding of the subjects.
- Includes programme for soft-skill development, required for Personality Test, like personality development, leadership training, development of interpersonal communication skills, etc.
- A total of 700 hours programme divided aver 10 months.
Course Starts From:
16th of July 2022
Timing for Live Class:
7:00PM to 9:00PM
Recorded classes will remain available for revision, for two years after the completion of the course.
- Every Student would have their individualised profile on our portal through which they can access the courses (videos, materials, tests, and others) at any time, from any corner of the country.
- We are launching our App very soon (by October), which would be completely in sync with the portal, to provide full freedom to the aspirants in terms of accessing the courses.
- Ordinarily, on missing a live class, a student would be asked to access the video of the class, which will be available in his/her profile, within an hour of completion of the class.
- We would prefer to keep the batches separately compartmentalised and ordinarily batch change requests would not be entertained. Neither would we prefer to merge the batches, so that every batch can carry on with a comfortable speed.
- Uploaded Class videos can be viewed any number of times till the personality test (interview) of the 2023-24 session.
- When we are talking about General Studies Prelims, we are also including CSAT (GS Prelims Paper 2) in it.